On 31 May 2020, Pentecost Sunday, we will be launching ‘Heavenly Gifts’ a Blog platform where we can express our creativity, thoughts, experiences, and much more. The committee took a decision to start a Blog and a team comprising four committee members—Anish James, Jijoy Mathew, Tency Jain and Vincent Joseph—was constituted to plan the Blog.
The Blog team further constituted an editorial team comprising the following members:
· Tency Jain (coordinator)
· Anish James
· Jijoy Mathew
· Vincent Joseph
· Joby Tom (technical)
· Angelie Samuel (creative)
· Jathin Thomas (creative)
I congratulate the editorial team for their vision and active involvement to launch the Blog. I also appreciate Joby Tom for his hard work in designing and developing the Blog platform and looking after the technical aspects.
Our Blog will be a platform to publish original content prepared by our community members such as short stories, poems, painting, drawings, testimonies, puzzles, articles etc. While our blog posts will further engage our community and strengthen our identity, these will also help us to reach more people with creative, faith enriching and value-oriented materials.
Blog posts can have materials both in English and Malayalam, and can be multimodal—text, image, audio and video.
The team will share with you guidelines for the Blog. Please adhere to the values, teachings and mission of the Church while you prepare content for the blog posts.
I invite your active participation both in contributing pieces and ideas for blog posts and also in commenting and sharing the blog posts. May this be a platform to build, connect, and communicate.
Guidelines for the blog posts
- Only those materials originally prepared by our community members will be eligible for the Blog.
- Blog posts can include short stories, poems, painting, drawings, testimonies, talks, puzzles, articles etc.
- Blog posts can have materials both in English and Malayalam, and can be multimodal— text, image, audio and video.
- Materials have to be in line with the values, teachings and mission of the Church.
- Materials that are controversial in nature, sensitive or can hurt the feelings of persons/community will not be published.
- Every post will be reviewed and evaluated by the Blog team. Only those posts that the team approves will be published on the Blog.
- The team may make minor editorial changes to the materials, if required, without affecting the idea/content before publishing them. Such changes will not be brought to the notice of the author. If major changes are required, the materials will be send back for revision.
- Email your materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org or send WhatsApp to any of the team members.